Pages

Pages

Wednesday, October 28, 2015

1st Quarter Reflection

1st Quarter Reflection
10/29/15

       I think this quarter went by really smooth. I think this quarter went by smoothly because I used skills to help with my learning that I didn't use last year. I used metacognition, or thinking about your thinking, a lot more this year when it comes to assignments, projects, and lessons. It helped focus on what I was struggling with and not what I already knew. That made it feel like the whole day go by faster. Another thing I that I think helped was organization when it comes to document and paper. Every class that has multiple documents or papers has a folder. This helped me find stuff easily if I needed it.

        This quarter I learned good about current world conflicts and past world conflicts. We learned a lot about refugees, especially Syrian refugee. We read a book Of Beetles and Angles, which was a memior about a refugee. We also read and shared various articles about refugees. I also learned about banned or challenged book this quarter. We did research on a book and we had a gallery walk showing all the books. It was interesting to see books like Harry Potter and Green Eggs and Ham being banned and challenge.

        I think my research skills have gotten better this year. I've done a lot of research this year so I'm slowly improving. Now I use multiple sources and I will check publish or last edited dates. Last year I don't think I ever checked that, so that's a improvement. Before I also would use Wikipedia and only that. Now I use the resources listed on Wikipedia and I mostly try to stay away from it.


No comments:

Post a Comment