Pages

Pages

Thursday, December 17, 2015

TKAM Blog - 12/17/15

To Kill a Mockingbird 
Author: Harper Lee
Pages: 0-281 (End)
Prompt: Select a quote from your reading that you liked. What made you pick it? How
does it make you pause and think?

        They are many quotes throughout To Kill a Mockingbird that will make the reader stop and think, but there's one that I liked and related to the most. The quote I'm choosing for this blog is, "I sometimes felt a twinge of remorse, when passing by the old place, at ever having take part in what just have been sheer torment tom Arthur Radley—what reasonable recluse wants children peeping through his shutters, delivering greetings on the end of a fishing-pole, wandering in his collards at night," which was said by Scout.

        I picked this quote because I could relate to doing this. This quote shows how Scout reflected on what she has done to Arthur Radley, also known as Boo Radley. I seem to always be reflecting I did that day or something that happened months ago. I haven't tormented someone like what Scout, Jem, and Dill did, but I have reflected on what I have done with other people or to other people.

        This quote made me pause and think for two reasons. One of them being the fact I can relate to this moment. The other is it shows how Scout is growing up. When they were first doing all the things to Boo she thought it wasn't making tormenting him and was fine to do. From this quote you can see that she realizes that what she did was wrong and feels bad for doing it. This also shows one of the many themes of the book which is coming of age.


No comments:

Post a Comment