Pages

Pages

Sunday, January 24, 2016

2nd Quarter Reflection Blog

1/24/16
Prompts: 1) In what area do you think you made your biggest improvements in English Language Arts? 2) What is something you have accomplished since the new year that you are proud of? 3) What has been the most challenging part of 2nd Quarter for you and what did/can you do to help overcome this?

          The area that I think I made the biggest improvement in is essay writing. This quarter we had to write an essay about a theme in To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee, which greatly improved u writing skills. The essay refreshed my mind about the "TIQA" format for body paragraphs and introduced me to the "ANT" format for the introduction. Along with writing my the essay this assignment helped with my revision skills. I now know what to look for when revising my papers, along with someone else's paper.

          The thing that I am the most proud of this year is doing good on my vocabulary tests and tests in other subjects. At the time I'm writing this I've only gotten threes and fours on my test in every subject. I'm proud of this because it wasn't just one class I did this in or one type of test. I hope I can say this again by the end of the 3rd quarter, even if it means I have to retake every test I take this quarter.

          The most challenging part of the 2nd quarter for me was time management. I can never tell how long it will take me to finish my homework, so I sometimes give myself to little time to complete my homework. Time management has been a big problem for me throughout the whole school year. However, I'm going to try to establish a time I start homework every day, but I have to see the amount of assignments I will get regularly in the 3rd quarter.

No comments:

Post a Comment