Pages

Pages

Friday, April 29, 2016

What Tuesday Inspired You the Most? - Tuesday's with Morrie

Tuesday's with Morrie
Author: Mitch Albom
Pages: 0-139
Prompt: Based on the 6 Tuesdays you have read about in Tuesdays with Morrie, choose which topic (The World, Feeling Sorry For Yourself, Regrets, Death, Family, or Emotions) that has had the most impact on you or inspired you.

         All the Tuesdays in this book has inspired me in little ways, but the one that has inspired me the most was the sixth Tuesday which was about emotions. This chapter was the most inspiring because Morrie explained how to deal with the emotions and to move past them. It was also was really inspiring because humans deal with emotion all the time, so it's something that can affect your life greatly.

          One reason why the sixth Tuesday inspired me is because it has showed me how to handle my emotions. In the book Morrie says, "But by throwing yourself into these emotions, by allowing yourself to dive in, all the way, over your head even, you experience them fully and completely" (104). This showed me that if accept my emotions then I could actually experience them completely and in a good way. This also showed me to not hide my emotions, but accept them. Morrie said you had to "wash yourself with emotion" (105).

          Morrie also talked about detaching from your emotions. Morrie explained, "... detachment doesn't mean you don't let the experience penetrate you. On the contrary, you let it penetrate you fully. That's how you are able to leave it" (103). This is similar to handling your emotions, but this way you are able to leave those emotions instead of accepting them. Morrie said, "When you learn to die, you learn to live" (104). I think this has some connection to the emotions because you feel fear, sadness, loneliness, etc. when dying. This especially occurs when you have something like ALS which hinder breathing and mobility.

No comments:

Post a Comment