Pages

Pages

Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Tuesday's with Morrie Seminar Reflection - 5/4/16

Tuesday's with Morrie
Author: Mitch Albom
Prompt: 
- Explain how the past four Socratic Seminars have influenced your thinking about Tuesdays with Morrie and life in general.
- What trends did you notice with yourself and your personal goals for each seminar? How did your personal goal(s) change and what did you actively do to change throughout our last four discussions?
- What trends did you notice with the class for each seminar? What did you notice that helped or hindered a specific seminar?


          The four Socratics Seminars we did in class helped he understand certain parts in of the book better. This is because I get to hear other people interpretations and observations about aphorisms, events, and quotes. For instance, on pages 175 and 176 when Morrie explain what his perfect day would be if he had full control of his body again. The day he described seemed so average and I was trying to figure out why he chose those things. I didn't know why until we had the Socratic Seminar where I realized everything he wanted to do was things he loved to do, like dancing, looking at nature, eating favorite foods, and meeting family and friends.

          A trend that I noticed in myself is that I didn't talk a lot through all the Socratic Seminars. It was hard to jump in because the seminars are fast paced and there are a little less than 30 students who also have things to say. This affected my personal goals becuase I always put to try and say more. To fix this I tried to say things whenever I could and I also made sure I didn't hesitate.

          A trend that I noticed for the whole class is that the same 6 or 7 people were the main people saying things. This was because they had a lot of things to say and everybody else seemed to be shy or too quiet. This could have been fixed if whoever was trying to talk spoke up so they are noticed, this also includes me. Something else that I noticed that hindered the Socratic Seminars a little is that we would get off topic at some point. Making connections is a good thing when discussing something, like a book, but we would usually get far off topic which wasted time.

No comments:

Post a Comment