Pages

Pages

Thursday, October 2, 2014

Million-Dollar Throw

Million-Dollar Throw
Prompt: Explain how you have been surprised by what you are reading.
220-244(end)

SPOILER ALERT!
SPOILER ALERT!
SPOILER ALERT!
SPOILER ALERT!
SPOILER ALERT!
SPOILER ALERT!

          When I was reading Million-Dollar Throw something that really surprised me is what Nate did with his one million dollars. I thought Nate would have used the money to support his family because his dad lost his job and they might lose their house. I also thought he might use the money for something for football or himself. Instead Nate used the money for something that I never what have thought that he would use the million dollars for.

           Nate used the money to help his friend Abby. Abby had a eye disease where she slowly loses eyesight. Abby would have to move and go to a new school because of her eye disease. If that happened Nate wouldn't see her anymore. Nate knew this all, so in advance he searched up doctors that can fix her eye problems. Nate would soon use as much money needed to pay the doctor he found to fix Abby's eyes.

          That action that Nate made really caught me by surprise. The author, Mike Lupica, didn't give any hints in the book that Nate would do this. None of the characters including Abby didn't know that Nate would make this decision. That is why this really surprised me while reading the book.

5 comments:

  1. I liked your blog Joseph, especially because I've read the book before. I do have one thing to add though, I would suggest putting your SPOILER ALERT notice in the title so people aren't mislead. I didn't even realize that it was a spoiler alert until I read it, i just missed the title. But other than that, it was a great blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been wanting to read that book. I accidentally missed the title and now that I have read your blog I won't be able to read the book anymore. You have already told me what he does with the blog. But it still seems like an interesting book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job, but next time put spoiler alert in the title. Also You had me hooked from the first paragraph, so I would of read it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Sammy I think you should have put spoiler alert in the title. However, it does sound like a really good book and I probably would still read it. I am shocked that he spent all that money on his friend. Yea if my best friend is sick (which she was) and she needed a doctor, and if they didn't have enough money I would help her but family comes first so I think I would have helped my family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I commented on Jared's, Omar's, and Joseph G.'s blog.

    ReplyDelete