Pages

Pages

Sunday, May 22, 2016

End of Year Reflection Blog - 5/22/16

1- What are the three most important things you learned this year?

This year I learned that time management is the key to success. If you don't have a good schedule or routine it might cause you to fail. I also learned that procrastination can be stopped. I usually procrastinate by using my phone, but I found an alternative that personally helped me. I would instead listen to music on my phone because I don't need to use my phone and it's still something entertaining. Lastly, I learned that no matter how much you get stressed you can still make it through.  Stress is something you have to push past to succeed.

2- What is something we did this year that you think you will remember for the rest of your life?

Something that we did that  I think I'll remember for the rest of my life is the readers theatre skits. For this we were assigned to groups and had to make a skit that parodied a Edgar Allen Poe poem. I'll remember this because it was a very fun experience making the skit and practicing it. It was also funny watching some of my friends act for the whole class.

3- What was the nicest thing someone in our class did for you this year?

In my class a couple of my friends helped me catch up with work that I missed at the end of the year. I missed a lot of days towards the end of the year because of robotics and the musical, so I became behind on work. My friends helped me understand what to do and told me what I missed in class. I really appreciated their help.

4- What is something you taught your teacher or classmates this year?

I don't think I really taught anybody anything this year. Maybe some teachers and classmates can argue saying I taught them that anything can be made up or turned around with a little hard work. While reading To Kill a Mockingbird I didn't annotate for the first couple of chapters. I finally got over the stress and started annotating. Similar situations happened in other classes. In math I had 10 hours plus the currents weeks of Khan Academy to make up. I made up all that time and a little extra in three weeks.

5- In what area do you feel you made your biggest improvements? What is something you accomplished this year that you are proud of?

The are that I improved the most in was writing. This is because we had to write an argumentative essay, memoir, a speech, and a theme essay. These pieces helped me with TIQA, citing, quoting, and telling stories, which helped my overall writing skills. I'm the most proud of my argumentative essay becuase I believe I made a strong argument. I also am proud of it because I got a good grade on the assignment.

6- What was the most challenging part of this year for you?

The most challenging part of the year for me was when we were reading To Kill a Mockingbird. This was the most challenging part because of all the assignments we had with the book. We had to read, annotate, find quotes, and answer questions every night. I became very overwhelmed and stressed from these assignments.

7- What was the best piece of writing that you did this year? Why do you think it is your best?

My best piece of writing is my argumentative essay. This is my best piece because at this time I knew how embed quotes, introduce quotes, make citation lists, and I had practice with the TIQA format. This made my essay better than others because I could add these things to it that made it more organized. 

8- Of the books you read this year, which was your favorite? Why?

Out of all the books I read this year A Monster Calls is my favorite. One reason it's my favorite is because of the amazing illustrations in the book. The illustrator did a good job and the visuals helped me picture what was going on. Another reason is the plot is very interesting because what's going on in Conor's life. It's a very interesting concept and it was executed very well.

9- What advice would you give students who will be in this class next year?

For the students that are going to be in Mrs. Larsons class next year there are three things that will guide you through her class. These things are time management, organization, and persistence. You need to make sure you manage your time because some days you'll have more homework than usual, so you have to make sure you get it done. You have to make sure you're organized and have all your papers and you turned in everything. Lastly, if you feel stressed or overwhelmed you have to persist because it will soon be over. You have to take it one day at a time and just keep going.


No comments:

Post a Comment