Pages

Pages

Monday, May 23, 2016

This I Believe Speech - 5/23/16

“A Family Created”

My belief was formed during the eighth grade when I finally joined a football league, something I wanted to do for a long time. I went into the league knowing nobody, but I left with a family.
We supported and encouraged each other; we were all accepted. Throughout the season there's one memory in particular that stood out to me.

It was a cool, gloomy day and practice was almost over but we had to do the most dreaded thing...run. The running was split up into two groups by position. During the run a lineman, who just joined, was struggling because he had asthma. The other group and myself, who had just finished running, noticed this and ran out there to him to encourage him and make sure he didn't give up. The rest of the linemen shouted words of encouragement as he finished. That day we ended practice on a strong note and it brought us closer together as a family. The lineman even started to encourage others and started to talk to others more often. 

After the league was over I realized how much sports can bring people who have never met each other together. I realized that losing doesn't demoralize a strong family. And most importantly I realized that sports creates families. Now I try to join sports and clubs that require a lot of teamwork and that has made all the difference.


1 comment:

  1. raviv dozetas housing crisis isn’t a new problem rather a sore that’s been festering for amany years and has now reached epic proportions, one magic solution is not going to cure the problem, rather a multi teared approach that involves multiple sectors of society together with a co-ordinated and supported government backed approach can permanently solve the problem for now, and provide the required housing annually.

    ReplyDelete