Pages

Pages

Monday, February 23, 2015

The Boy on the Wooden Box 1/12/15

The Boy on the Wooden Box
Author: Leon Leyson
Pages: 1 - 81
Prompts: 1) Do you like what you're reading? Why or why not? 2) What are two emotions the main character felt? What made the main character feel that way?

        I really enjoyed reading this book because I like learning about the Holocaust and history/wars in general. From what I read so far this book gives me new and additional information about the Holocaust. For instance, I didn't know that the Jews were forced to move from their original homes. I also learned about the many struggles of the people and their families.

       I love the fact that the book is written from a persons perspective allowing me to see the events from a kids point of view. I learned about the struggles that Leon went through. For instance, he faced constant fear, hunger and not being able to see his friends. He always had to watch what he did because of the strict rules the Nazis had. For example, they weren't allowed outside after a certain time unless you were working.

        The main character felt betrayal and sadness. He felt those two emotions for the same reason. Before the Nazis invaded Poland, Leon's friends all loved him. However, once Hitler stated that the Jews were evil, his non Jewish friends and neighbors began to hate him. They started ignoring him which made him feel like they betrayed him. Leon was sad because he had to make new friends, Jewish ones.  He wished he could still talk to his old friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment